How to Get New NBA 2K23 MyCareer Shoes: Adidas, Converse, Nike
Purchasing and equipping new shoes in NBA 2K23’s MyCareer mode is pretty straightforward. Here is a guide that outlines the necessary steps.
NBA 2K23 introduced a slew of changes to the franchise’s long-running MyCareer mode. However, not all of these changes were well received by fans.
For one, players continue to express frustration with some of the required quests and activities, such as the much-hated skateboarding mission.
Longtime fans have also taken umbrage with the incredibly low VC payouts for completing challenges and other tasks. But one thing in particular hasn’t changed much: the community’s love of in-game shoe purchases.
How to Buy and Equip New Shoes in NBA 2K23
On PS5 and Xbox Series X|S, players need only find their favorite shoe store in The City to get the ball rolling by catching new kicks – and there’s plenty to choose from: Adidas, Nike, Converse and Under Armor to name a few.
- Once users locate a shoe store of their choice, they can enter and open the store menu. Clicking on the ‘On Pitch’ tab reveals the shoes players can wear in MyCareer and PRO-AM.
- Meanwhile, the options on the “Colorways” tab apply to the kicks the character can put on in PRO-AM, NBA, and Park games. (Whatever color a player purchases is the color that will appear in all game modes above.)
- After adding a pair of new shoes to the cart, NBA 2K23 players will need to use available VC to complete their purchase.
- Once the shopping part is over, exiting the store is the only way to equip the newly purchased shoes afterwards.
- Pressing the PlayStation/Xbox equivalent of the ‘Start’ button marks the next step, followed by accessing the ‘My Player’ tab and selecting ‘Appearance’.
- The “Apparel” menu will automatically open, allowing players to equip their new boots for The City, PRO-AM/Rec Center, On Court and Suits. Opening either of these tabs leads to another menu where equipping/unequipping shoes should prove an easily accessible option.
Of course, some NBA 2K23 players may find it useful to save their VC to grow their MyCareer stats. Despite that, looking good on the road to the NBA Finals will undoubtedly be a priority for others.
NBA 2K23 is available now on PC, PlayStation, Switch, and Xbox.